Thursday, December 5, 2013

Let Him Stay or Let Him Go The MotoLife

Well here I sit again another day to feed my addiction to the computer and hopefully entertain an idea to ignite a spark to something I still can not catch. Yeah I just don't have a clue what to do with my son about riding down south. To make a long story short I was approached yesterday by a pro rider that is a local pro rider if I help him a little with sponsorship he will take my son to Florida or Georgia with him next month and train him for that entire month. See now that puts me in a couple predictions because I know owning a business that is open 7 days a week and I am there from dusk to dawn it sounds like a great idea. That is the first thing that enters my mind how can I beat that my son who is now 15 gets free training and gets to go down south and do what he loves. Yeah being up here in upstate New York with all this snow just don't cut it. So my first instinct was kind of exhilarating. Yeah the one that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but then my parental instincts has to come along and mess things up.

Yeah then the other thoughts come to you the next was money, and how much will this venture take. I am sure around 10,000 that is what seems to be coming into my brain right now and still that is not that bad, well compared to the other thought I have. Yes that is my son leaving for a month without me. It has been me and him now for about 8 years on our own when me and my ex divorced, and trust me that was a good thing we were not intended to be together. Now saying this he has never stayed anywhere except when I was in the hospital for my kidney transplant then he stayed with his mother. So now that I we approached yesterday about this and all excited for him and I would love to see him improve now the crazy thought of him being gone is driving me nuts. I know your kids drive you nuts and your like oh just go away, but now the chance has approached me and I will be meeting with this rider next week I do not know what to do. Well if any of you parents out there have been through this or something like this let me know what you think.

Well have a great day and hope to see you all at a track somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment